Deutsch Ðóññêèé The Shukhov Tower Foundation


 
12.08.2011

As part of preparations for the scientific-practical conference on the preservation and use of Shukhov’s Gridshells in Vyksa, tentatively planned for September 29-30, 2011, in order to arrange the work of the Expert Committee there were examined the Shukhov Gridshell and Shukhov tower.

 
Conference on the preservation and use of Shukhov’s Gridshells in Vyksa — ñontact person:
Anzhelika Panina, Director of the Batashevs-Shepelevs manor-industrial complex.
E-mail: panina_as@vsw.ru ; Telephone/Fax: +7 83177 96802
 


 
"Vyksa Steel Production Hall, completed in: 1897
Location: Vyksa, Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, Privolzhsky (Volga) Federal District, Russia
Structural Type: Gridshell
Function / usage: Factory building
Designer: Vladimir Grigoryevich Shukhov
Technical information: shell, steel
Dimensions: width — 38.40 m, length — 73.00 m
Relevant Literature: Beckh, Matthias The First Doubly Curved Gridshell Structure — Shukhovs Building for the Plate Rolling Workshop in Vyksa, presented at Third International Congress on Construction History, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus, Germany , 20th-24th May 2009."
http://en.structurae.de/structures/data/index.cfm?id=s0051326

"The First Doubly Curved Gridshell Structure — Shukhov's Building for the Plate Rolling Workshop in Vyksa.

In the year 1897, the renowned Russian engineer-polymath Vladimir Shukhov built a production hall in the town of Vyksa, a steel mill 150km southwest of Nizhny Novgorod. This building entails the first doubly curved gridshell structure. ... The production hall is on the vast premises of the Vyksa Steel Works, a manufacturer of metallurgical products, founded in 1757. The building was designed in 1897 and construction could be completed a year later. The building was in use until the 1980ies. Abandoned and neglected for more than two decades, the building is today in a disastrous state of repair. The construction with a footprint of 73.00m x 38.40m consists of five 14.60m wide bays, which are separated by four trussed arches. In the longitudinal direction, the building is braced by six vertical cantilevers, which are integrated into the front facades, and connected to the arches with tie rods.
The polygonal top chord of the frames provides the base for the grid shell. In the following, the construction of the arches and the front facade structure will be explicated."
 
 
Shukhov Gridshell in Vyksa
 
Vladimir Šuchov Sheet mills Vyksa | Russia, 1897/98, photo: A. Laurenzo,
Die Neue Sammlung – The International Design Museum Munich,
Model: Architekturmuseum der TU München:
 

"Suchovs Gitterschalen in Vyksa

Auf dem Gelände der Hüttenwerke in Vyksa, ca. 300km östlich von Moskau, sind fünf Hallen von Suchov aus dem Jahr 1897 erhalten. Sie werden seit ca. 20 Jahren nicht mehr genutzt. Die Originalsubstanz ist im Wesentlichen erhalten allerdings durch Korrosion stark geschädigt.

Bereits erstellt wurde eine umfangreiche Bestands— und Schadensaufnahme (Bearbeiter Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Beckh und Dipl.-Ing. Christian Kayser), erforderliche Instandsetzungsmaßnahmen wurden konzipiert und vorgeschlagen. In Zusammenarbeit mit Prof. Dr. Graefe, Institut für Architekturtheorie und Baugeschichte der Universität Innsbruck und Prof. Dr.-Ing. Schuller, Lehrstuhl für Baugeschichte, Historische Bauforschung und Denkmalpflege der TUM wird derzeit eine umfassende Dokumentation des Bestandes erarbeitet."
 
Veröffentlichungen:
Matthias Beckh, Rainer Barthel: The first doubly curved gridshell structure — Shukhov's building for the plate rolling workshop in Vyksa. In: Proceedings of the Third International Congress on Construction History. 2009. Berlin: Neunplus1. S.159-166.
Rainer Barthel, Matthias Beckh, Andrij Kutnyi, Manfred Schuller: Ein Meilenstein im Schalenbau — Schuchovs Halle für das Blechwalzwerk in Vyksa. In: Juliane Mayer (Hg.) Forschen, Lehren und Erhalten — Festschrift für Rainer Graefe. Innsbruck 2009. S. 105 — 122
 
Kooperationspartner:
Prof. Dr. Graefe, Universität Innsbruck, Institut für Architekturtheorie und Baugeschichte,
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Manfred Schuller, Technische Universität München, Lehrstuhl für Baugeschichte, historische Bauforschung und Denkmaplfege,
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uta Hassler, ETH Zürich, Institut für Denkmalpflege,
Prof. Dr. Murat Gappoev, Staatliche Universität für Bauwesen Moskau,
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klaus Hanke, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Albert Grimm-Pitzinger, Arbeitsbereich Vermessung und Geoinformation, Universität Innsbruck.
 
"En 1897, l'ingenieur russe Vladimir Shukhov a concu et construit un hall de production pour une entreprise siderurgique dans la ville de Vyksa, un batiment comportant la premiere structure de gridshell a double courbure (Beckh and Barthel 2009). Le batiment, d'une supercie de 73,00m x 38,40m se compose de cinq larges baies separees entre elles par quatre arcs en treillis. Dans le sens longitudinal, la construction est soutenue par six consoles verticales qui sont integrees dans les facades et reliees aux arcs par des tirants. A cette epoque, les gridshells n'etaient pas connus et il n'existe aucune preuve historique sur la fa»con dont Shukhov a genere la forme de la structure."
 
Dr. Lina Bouhaya,
The Shukhov Tower in Vyksa:

 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Archive:
> News of 2003 - 2017 years
 
© 2017. The Shukhov Tower.